FACILITIES & LEAGUES
Zoo Lake Sports Club has a proud sporting history dating back to the 1940's. In decades past, the Cricket and Football teams were a formidable force to be reckoned with within Johannesburg and further afield!
After a number of years of being neglected due to municipal financial restraints, Zoo Lake Sports Club was revived in 2008 by two young sporting enthusiasts and it is slowly regaining its rightful place amidst sports facilities in Egoli. Cricket and Soccer are obviously still popular at our club, but we also have a number of other disciplines available - In 2 Touch Rugby (including mixed leagues), LMS 20-20 Cricket, Walk For Life, Rockies Road Runners, Youth To Pro Junior Soccer Coaching and Zoo Lake Junior Football Club to name but a few.
We have just over 23 000 square metres of open fieldspace available to hire for a myriad of activities and Zoo Lake Sports Club has - to date - hosted everything from fly-fishing demonstrations, lazer tag parties, and climbing walls to croquet, volleyball and even giant inflatable challenges! Due to our central location and ease of access from major roads and transport hubs, Zoo Lake Sports Club is also an ideal choice for team-building, family fundays and corporate sports days.
We pride ourselves on being a community-based club with facilities which are accessible to all. Please feel free to directly contact one of the myriad of leagues which take place on a weekly basis or - should you wish to book field space on a private basis - please contact our club booking office on:
email@example.com OR 072 55 99 222
Rental Tarrifs for 2020
Soccer Pitch R980 / field / two hours (excluding VAT)
Cricket Pitch R2 750/ day (excluding VAT)
Floodlighting R130.00 / hour used (excluding VAT)
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO COVID-19 REGULATIONS, ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE AN INDEMNITY FORM AS WELL AS ADHERE STRICTLY TO THE FOLLOWING CLUB RULES:
No sharing of water bottles, bibs, whistles, sports equipment
No showers permitted
No congregating in the carpark or changerooms
No celebratory high fives, hugs, etc
Terms and Conditions: Sport Bookings
1. Soccer pitch bookings based on usage of 1 pitch for no more than 120 minutes
2. All bookings are subject to availability.
3. Any booking for more than 6 hours must be negotiated separately
4. Preference will be given to block bookings and established users. However, larger exclusive events will also gain preference in lieu of cash flow and food and beverage revenues opportunities for the club
5. Block bookings constitute a pre-paid booking for 4 or more consecutive weeks.
6. No more than 30 participants per pitch for sports games / leagues / matches
7. Payment must be made before play commences
8. Rotation of fields will occur and cancellations will be enforced when there is danger of damage to fields, either as a result of over use or poor weather
9. ZLSC will allocate groups to available and appropriate pitches, i.e. you are not necessarily guaranteed the same pitch for your booking
10. ZLSC reserves the right to shut down, whole or part of the Sports Club for field maintenance
11. Participants may not bring their own refreshments to the premises
12. ZLSC reserves the right to cancel bookings, however will give at least 2 weeks notice thereof unless due to extreme weather conditions
13. Any person who makes a booking will be held liable for any damage caused to the Zoo Lake Sports Club property by their players.
Please adhere to booking times. Games must start and finish on time.
Panettone Cafe' has sole rights to all food & beverages. No food or beverages are to be brought onto the premises whatsoever. Zoo Lake Sports Club reserves the right to confiscate any items brought onto the premises.
Noise Control: As the club is situated in a residential area, no vuvuselas or loud music is permitted from car stereos.
Right of Admission reserved
No driving on fields whatsoever
NO Pay NO Play
No refunds will be given. A credit for washed-out games will be retained for future usage.
Players / groups will be held liable for any damage caused to ZLSC property.
Players / groups must provide ther own refs & equipment (stumps, balls, bats, bibs, corner flags, etc)
If cancellations are not made within two full weeks prior to play, full payment will be required
Zoo Lake Sports Club, its directors and staff, cannot be held liable in any way for any loss or damage to any property or person howsoever caused.